Monday, April 18, 2011

Book Review: Taking Charge of Your Fertility


     I purchased this book shortly after being diagnosed with PCOS.  Many people were reccomending it to me and I felt inclined to at least check it out to see if it could help me in any way.  The first thing I want to say is that I LOOOOVE this book!  I had started charting my BBT(basal body temperatures)  after watching some video blogs of other girls with PCOS that were having infertility issues.  But I really didn't understand much about it except that I was supposed to be watching for a dip in my temps followed by 3 higher temps, thus indicating that I did indeed ovulate.  As I'm sure that many of you can relate....I had MANY dips in my temps and CRAZY temps throughout my LOOOONG cycles!   I never really understood how charting could benefit me if I had PCOS and didn't ovulate anyways.  This book opened my eyes to so much! 
      My parents were never the type of parents that would have the "sex talk" with their kids and my mom never bothered to take the time to explain to me what my body was about to go through when I started puberty.  I honestly feel that "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" would be a great book for a mother and daughter to read together.  Their may be a few chapters that the mother will want to skip over when sharing the info with their daughter.  But this book helps women of all ages learn so much about their bodies and how YOU can take an active role in preventing pregnancy, identifying problems and concerns to share with a Dr. and also time intercourse perfectly when pregnancy is desired!  This book is written in terms that anyone can understand!  You don't have to be a graduate from medical school to get it!  :o)  Thank God, because I have only taken  a  few community college classes after I graduated from high school!
       So, I think by now you know that I DO recommend this book as just another tool on your tool belt to fight PCOS and all the crazy things it does to our bodies!

You can purchase the book on Amazon.com:
click the link to below
Taking Charge of Your Fertility
Your San Diego Cyster,
Lacy H.
"Knowledge is Power"

No comments:

Post a Comment